Sunday, August 3, 2008

Guatemala here I come!

My wife and I left Madras this morning about 9:00 a.m. and traveled to Portland. We left early because our transmission would not shift into overdrive for some reason. Melva will take it into AAMCO tomorrow to have them fix it before she goes home.

I am presently in the Portland, Oregon airport awaiting 12:30 a.m. when our Continental flight 208 departs for Guatemala City.

We will leave the City about noon tomorrow and travel to Monjas in the south east section of Guatemala. The community is Monjas. You can google it and find the orphanage south of town. We will be there for 10 days working on the orphanage during the day and having fun with the girls during the evenings. We will stay in the village.

Each day I will try to post while I am there, posting faces of the little girls. If you are a prayer, pray for this orphanage. There are about 60 girls and they are WONDERFUL!

We will then travel to Chiquimulilla in the state of Santa Rosa, near the south west corner of the country. There we will be visiting a Christian school and lots of children who mean so much to me. I took a group of high school students here about four years ago. We worked with the children for a week, and it was one of the high points of my life. There is a 21 year old young lady here that I led to Jesus. Her name is Ruby. She calls me Papa #2. I will see her. I will also be visiting with Gaby and Luisa. They are two 14 year old young ladies who write to me, once in a while. I led Luisa to the Lord when she was 10. We will also be visiting with the principal, Anibal Westendorf and his wife, what wonderful people.

Then we will go to Antigua for two nights. This is the ancient capitol of Guatemala and has many wonderful sights to observe.

Traveling with me are: Ron, my cousin, Richard one of his co-w0rkers, Brendan Ron's grandson, and Bethany who is a relative of the family Ron's wife works for. This will be a wonderful two weeks for each of us. Stop by from time to time. We will return the 18th of August.

Until tomorrow (or whenever I can post next).

No comments: