Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Monjas, Guatemala

It is Tuesday, August 5, 2008 and it is warm and humid in Monjas, Guatemala.

We arose this morning about 6:00 am, showered, fixed our “continental breakfast” which consisted of Corn Flakes with bananas, peanut butter and jam sandwiches, and coffee.

After breakfast we went to the market. Today is the main market day and Brendan wanted to find a hat so he wouldn’t get so sunburned. There were a lot of people and stalls at the market, but we did not find a hat he wanted, so we will have to check again.

I tried the ATM, but it wouldn’t give me any money, so we had Cyndi Cope, the director for the mission teams, exchange money for us.

We got to the home about 9:00 am. We thought the lumber would not be there, so we had taken our time. However, this am they were early, and the materials were awaiting us to build the storage cabinets in the closets of the new home.

Brendan Giese and Bethany Moore cut pipe to be used in constructing a temporary meeting place for special events at the home, and then they used the router to round off the corners of the materials we would be using for the closets.

After a lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches, broccoli soup and cookies Brendan and Bethany went to the school to do some art work with the kids. Bethany was a state winner in charcoal drawings, so the school students are learning to do charcoal drawings. Ron and Richard returned to the home to work on the closets. I went to the school to take pictures then to write this and get it on the internet.

I am including the pictures below. If you would like to become a part of the support for this wonderful work of the Lord’s you can. Tomorrow I will post an address and how you can become involved.

Sorry I didn't get this posted last night. I got it all set and told it to upload, and the blogspot was down for repair.

Try as I can, I can't seem to get photos to upload this morning. I will try again tomorrow

No comments: